Posted on: 2022-03-17 09:33:45
Position Title: Tool & Die Maker
Various shifts available at both Goodwater and Eclectic facilities
Number of Openings:
Job Site Address: 20984 ALABAMA HIGHWAY 9 GOODWATER, AL 35072 | 500 MADIX DRIVE ECLECTIC, AL 36024
Contact Phone: 256.839.6354
Contact Email: [email protected]
Summary/Objective: Build or repair all types, sizes, and shapes of jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies. Assemble and try out complex tools and dies on manufacturing equipment.
- Group Health Insurance – Eligible after 90 days of employment
- Company Paid Group Term Life – Eligible after 90 days of employment
Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Critical Care – Eligible after 90 days of employment
- 401k – Eligible day one of employment (Contributions can be from 1% to 50% of salary. Company match of up to 4% quarterly based on safe harbor election)
- Holidays – 8 per year ( Eligible after 30 days of employment)
- Vacation time
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Clinic – Free medical visits
- Safety and Attendance incentives
- Employee Appreciation Days
- Reads and interprets blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions or from the part to be copied or fitted.
- Plans the setup and operation of all types of machine shop tools, considering types of material, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
- Perform difficult machining operations requiring complicated and unusual setups necessitating frequent improvisations and adaptations of tooling and machines to perform work beyond the normal range and capacity of available machine tools.
- Determines specifications for inspection of work, using precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required inspection before, during, and after machining.
- Performs hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies. Uses hand tools of the trade.
- Construct temporary fixtures and jigs; grind special purpose tools; improvise measuring devices to check components and project assemblies.
- Fits and assembles jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies. Sets up, runs off, and tests dies to produce a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and make corrections.
- Set up new or modified tools and dies, in production machines for trial runs and instruct Foreman or Machine Operators on their use, care and operational methods and procedures.
- May assist machinists and millwrights in punch press overhaul.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to stand for shift durations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
- Excellent visual accuracy.
- Experience using CAD preferred.
- High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to self and others when operating machine tools.
Education & Experience
- Completion of apprenticeship program or trade school diploma program
- Two to five years of experience in tool and die making.
CONTACT US NOW »
- Indoor with extreme fluctuation in temperature.
- Dusty and noisy environment.
- Exposure to odors and fumes.