Posted on: 2022-03-17 09:47:53
Position Title: Supervisor — Manufacturing
Number of Openings:
Job Site Address: 500 MADIX DRIVE ECLECTIC, AL 36024
Contact Phone: 256.839.6354
Contact Email: [email protected]
Summary/Objective: Madix, Inc., a leading manufacturer of store shelving and fixtures, has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Supervisor position. This position requires previous Manufacturing Supervisory experience. Salary is targeted for $65,000 for first shift and a $5,000 shift differential for night shift.
- Group Health Insurance – Eligible after 90 days of employment
- Company Paid Group Term Life – Eligible after 90 days of employment
Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Critical Care – Eligible after 90 days of employment
- 401k – Eligible day one of employment (Contributions can be from 1% to 50% of salary. Company match of up to 4% quarterly based on safe harbor election)
- Holidays – 8 per year ( Eligible after 30 days of employment)
- Vacation time
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Clinic – Free medical visits
- Safety and Attendance incentives
- Employee Appreciation Days
- Achieves results by establishing priorities, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains quality of staff by hiring, training, developing, and mentoring employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Provides creative leadership and direction to employees to improve operating efficiencies and ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
- Manages work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting process variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel, and developing reporting procedures and systems.
- Must be able to read and analyze blueprints for production orders.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements to evaluate estimates and outputs.
- Timely complete and report administration duties which include time and attendance system, holiday/vacation planning, production reports, back order reviews, past due lists, and safety violations/concerns.
- Review and distribute production, work, cycle counts and shipment schedules.
- Confer with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education & Experience
- High school diploma/GED required
- At least 3 years of experience in assembly manufacturing leadership role preferred
- Working knowledge of Lean processes preferred
- English required, bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and writing).
- Organized, strong time management skills, deadline, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Positive attitude and action oriented.
- Majority of time will be spent in a shop floor environment with extreme hot and cold temperatures fluctuating based on weather temperatures.
CONTACT US NOW »